Thursday, September 20, 2007

BIOLOGY - PERIOD 7 - Monday, September 24th

It has come to my attention that many of you may not have been able to get the Home Learning assignment from last class because the handouts were not in the packets or posted on the board. I am truely sorry about this. Those of you who checked out my Teacher Website would have gotten the assignment.

For those of you who did not get the writing prompt ahead of time, I would like you to read it below, spend a few minutes thinking about it, and come back to the computer and make your post.

HOPEFULLY, all has worked out well and you are have the handout in the plastic sheet on your desk. IF NOT, what I would like to happen is this: I would like the first one or two people from class who log onto blog to set up the middle computer with my Webpage and bring up the work for today. You will have to partner up and send one partner to the computer to take notes on the assignments that you will be doing today and what the Home Learning is. THANKS!!!!!

Here is the writing prompt (last night's Home Learning assignment).

I call it Food for Thought:

Reflect for a few minutes on this quote - "We are Children of Sunshine; We are what we Eat!"

In 1 (one) sentence or more, make a list of your favorite photosynthetic autotrophic producers that you enjoy eating.

HINT: Think green. :)

ADVICE: With this post, it actually closely follows the book work from last class. If you did not read and complete the specific book work from last class, then I would strongly recommend doing that first. Otherwise you may be listing favorite foods such as green spaghetti, green jelly beans, or green fruit loops. These answers would NOT be demonstrating to me that you understand what a photosynthetic autotrophic producer is.

The purpose of this Home Learning/Blog writing prompt is for me to see if you can take what you already know, what you read in the book, and what you have discussed with your classmates, and convince me that you understand how you are a child of sunlight based on certain foods that you eat!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Miami 7151 Blog by Rebekka Stone is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.