Thursday, September 20, 2007

BIOLOGY - PERIOD 6 - Friday, September 21st

It has come to my attention that many of you may not have been able to get the Home Learning assignment from last class because the handouts were not in the packets or posted on the board. I am truely sorry about this. Those of you who checked out my Teacher Website would have gotten the assignment.

For those of you who did not get the writing prompt ahead of time, I would like you to read it below, spend a few minutes thinking about it, and come back to the computer and make your post.

HOPEFULLY, all has worked out well and you are have the handout in the plastic sheet on your desk. IF NOT, what I would like to happen is this: I would like the first one or two people from class who log onto blog to set up the middle computer with my Webpage and bring up the work for today. You will have to partner up and send one partner to the computer to take notes on the assignments that you will be doing today and what the Home Learning is. THANKS!!!!!

Here is the writing prompt (last night's Home Learning assignment).

I call it Food for Thought:

Reflect for a few minutes on this quote - "We are Children of Sunshine; We are what we Eat!"

In 1 (one) sentence or more, make a list of your favorite photosynthetic autotrophic producers that you enjoy eating.

HINT: Think green. :)

ADVICE: With this post, it actually closely follows the book work from last class. If you did not read and complete the specific book work from last class, then I would strongly recommend doing that first. Otherwise you may be listing favorite foods such as green spaghetti, green jelly beans, or green fruit loops. These answers would NOT be demonstrating to me that you understand what a photosynthetic autotrophic producer is.

The purpose of this Home Learning/Blog writing prompt is for me to see if you can take what you already know, what you read in the book, and what you have discussed with your classmates, and convince me that you understand how you are a child of sunlight based on certain foods that you eat!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we eat watermelon the body absorb the water for example the milk has protains tha the body needs.

Anonymous said...

i think we are what we eat because body get every thing it needs from food like nutrients and proteins and if you don't have a goos diet you would be fat or sick

Anonymous said...

if we eat food they need to have proteins and good food or else we could get sick our bodys needs proteins..(i didnt understand the question..)=)

Anonymous said...

I am not sure I understand the question (but i'll try).I do believe we are what we eat if we eat food that is easy to make than you would be considered by some as lazy.

Anonymous said...

spinach is a perfect example photosynthetic autotrophic producers.

Anonymous said...

any fruit to me is a good photosintic food.

Anonymous said...

by the way when we came into class a petritree dish was broken on the floor. and a fish was dead under the microscope. it wasnt us sorry :(

Anonymous said...

I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION TO BE HONEST.

miami7151 said...

Hi class, it's me.... who can see me?

I have a question for you. Anyone there?

Ms. Profenno

:)

Anonymous said...

PEOPLE EAT FOOD TO SUVIVE. FOR EXAMPLE IF WE EAT ORANGES YOU'LL HAVE VITAMIN C TO KILL A COLD.

miami7151 said...

Thank you for telling me about the broken petri dish and the dead fish.

How did the class handle it when you found it? (i do believe you that it was not 6 period)

If there is still broken glass on the floor here is what I need YOU to do:

1. Tell the sub
2. Clear the area where you found the broken glass
3. Sweep up the glass (there is a broom and a yellow dustpan to the left of where th bathroom sign out clip board is
4. Tie up the broken glass in an empty grocery bag (if you look to the drying rack that is above the red emergency fire blanket, you will see a bag full of plastic grocery bags. use one from there)
5. Throw the bag in the big trash can by the pencil sharpener

THANK YOU! I know that you will be able to clean it up for me.

One last part I am going to send to you... come back and check in 2 minutes.

THANKS!

-Ms. P

Anonymous said...

We have to eat healthty, vegtables we are what we eat if we eat healthy then were healthy junk food will create bad health!

miami7151 said...

Ok - lastly, I need a volunteer to take one of the sharpie markers and make a big "X" through one of the petri dish circles up on the front table. Please make a note on the newspaper that the dish was found broken on the floor at the beginning of 6th period.

Also, about the dead fish. I don't think it's a good idea to throw it back in the tank because it might have little pieces of glass in it. Better to bury it outside or put it in the garbage.

What do you think? What did you do about it?

LAST IMPORTANT QUESTION: Can somebody please tell me if you got the handouts??????? There should be one put in EACH of the page protectors at each desk. Can someone tell me if this happened?

AND, ok, last comment ("for reals"), PLEASE set a good example for the 8th period class and be sure to clean up in plenty of time before the bell rings.

THANKS to all of you who today came to 6th period Biology. It's ok if you did not understand the homework that you blogged today, although one of you hit the nail right on the head! Spinach is a prime example and it also happens to be what I had for dinner last night! A big huge pile of raw spinach!!! YUMMMMYYY!

Please don't forget to clean up!

Anonymous said...

green foods are a good example beacuse u need them to stay helth healthy and fit i really didint understand this question but i tried

miami7151 said...

There is some great thinking going on!!! Study the reading for today in the book and see what you make of it. The questions doesn't really make a whole lot of sense without doing the reading first.

KEEP TRYING!!!! I can see that you are thinking!!!!! Keep thinking!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you that miami7151 posts are from me!!! But you knew that, right?

I have 3 posts already to the class from today on above.... I will be commenting on each of yours personally very soon. You can have example of what I will do by looking at period 4's comment page from today.

 
Creative Commons License
Miami 7151 Blog by Rebekka Stone is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.